commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:03:09 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Dennis Lundberg wrote on Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:40 AM:

> What is your conclusion? Should we leave things the way they are and
> maybe add JRockit as a "known issue" on the wiki?

well, just from my short look, I did not grok all the code in the MockingSecurityManager in
detail at once. Basically it would be good to understand what is behaving differently with
JRockit and what has to be adjusted in the test case for that JDK ... simply because any user
of JCL running JRockit in a secured environment will be hit by the same problems. However,
just from looking at the logs it seems that the Sun JDK is executing all the code privileged,
while JRockit's stack nowhere contains the AccessController.doPrivileged call .. at least
it does not show up. I'll give it a closer look this evening.

- Jörg