commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Oliver Zeigermann" <oli...@zeigermann.de>
Subject Re: POLL: Anyone interested in a new CONCURRENT component
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:00:38 GMT
I was thinking about somthing that implements concurrent collection
interfaces from j.u.c rahter than using its features, but that might
be a good idea as well. E.g. What I would like to see would be a
CopyOnWriteHashMap and - HashSet. Both classes I would have used if
they existed.

Additionally, classes that help you test concurrent code (which is
especially tedious and hard to do right) could find their place in
that component.

Going into detail about the lock manager stuff I was talking about
would go to far here. Just think of it like something that helps you
keeping track of all your locks.

Any other ideas?

Oliver