commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <d...@trongus.com>
Subject Re: [jexl] 2.0?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:26:52 GMT
The main drivers we talked about ages ago (can't find it now) were:

- Decoupling the syntax tree from the interpretation, so that
alternate interpreters/compilers can be easily plugged in.
- Allow the grammar to change without the need to keep changing the
generated code.
- Structure the interpreter/expression evaluator so that alternate
null handling can be easily provided, separate from the context
- Remove some of the unnecessary throws Exception code.
- Make javacc generation part of the build process.

etc....

Got any ideas?

So far, I've started to implement a simple interpreter as a proof of concept.

It passes some tests :-)

--
dIon Gillard
Rule #131 of Acquisition: Information is Profit.