commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject [logging] 1.1.1 release
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi Dennis,

It's great to see you're working towards a JCL release.

However there is one problem that probably should be resolved before the release: the unit
tests related to java.util.logging fail on Java 1.6. It looks like the mechanism used by the
unit tests to install a custom java.util.logging loghandler works on java 1.5 but not java
1.6.

This is probably just a unit test problem, ie I'm 90% confident that although the tests fail
on 1.6 the functionality is working. Nevertheless it would be nice to get this fixed.

I have tonight free so will have another stab at locating the actual problem then.

Regards,

Simon