commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [validator] svn commit: r585762 - in /commons/proper/validator/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/InetAddressValidator.java test/java/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/InetAddressValidatorTest.java
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:33:47 GMT
> On 10/17/07, bspeakmon@apache.org <bspeakmon@apache.org> wrote:
> > Author: bspeakmon
> > Date: Wed Oct 17 17:11:37 2007
> > New Revision: 585762

> > Log:
> > - first crack at generic IP address validator
> >
> > Added:
> >     commons/proper/validator/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/InetAddressValidator.java
> >     commons/proper/validator/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/validator/routines/InetAddressValidatorTest.java
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Missing svn props.

+1, especially the eol:style which should be set to "native" otherwise
if people using different operating systems (e.g. Windoze, Linux)
modify the same file then alot of "noise" gets created with every line
being flagged as changed because of the line endings.

You can configure your svn client's auto-props to automatically set a
set of default properties so that when you add new artifacts you don't
have to remember to set them

For example, something lile

[auto-props]
*.java = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.xml = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.properties = svn:eol-style=native
*.html = svn:eol-style=native;svn:mime-type=text/html

Also my preference is to use Jira to track all changes and reference
the Jira issue number in the commit message - that way its easy to
find all discussion, commits etc in one place - and  easier to manage
releases/versions. I've created one for this change here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VALIDATOR-241

Niall

P.S. InetAddressValdiator looks good - thanks  :)