commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] 1.1.1 release
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:22:35 GMT
Simon,

Is this in JIRA somewhere?

I can run 'ant -f build-testing.xml' with a successful result using Java
1.6.0_02 on Windows XP.

Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> It's great to see you're working towards a JCL release.
>
> However there is one problem that probably should be resolved before the release: the
unit tests related to java.util.logging fail on Java 1.6. It looks like the mechanism used
by the unit tests to install a custom java.util.logging loghandler works on java 1.5 but not
java 1.6.

> This is probably just a unit test problem, ie I'm 90% confident that although the tests
fail on 1.6 the functionality is working. Nevertheless it would be nice to get this fixed.

> I have tonight free so will have another stab at locating the actual problem then.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Dennis Lundberg