commons-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [logging] 1.1.1 release
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:07:40 GMT
Hi Dennis,

No it's not in JIRA (slack of me I know).

Interesting, it appears to only be a problem on Linux then.

I have to face the fact that I'm not likely to find time to investigate
further anytime soon. I do think it's just a unit test issue rather than
a real problem, and the fact that it works for you under Windows
supports that.

So let's just ignore this problem and go ahead with the release..

Cheers, Simon

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 22:22 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Is this in JIRA somewhere?
>
> I can run 'ant -f build-testing.xml' with a successful result using Java
> 1.6.0_02 on Windows XP.
>
> Simon Kitching wrote:
> > Hi Dennis,
> >
> > It's great to see you're working towards a JCL release.
> >
> > However there is one problem that probably should be resolved before the release:
the unit tests related to java.util.logging fail on Java 1.6. It looks like the mechanism
used by the unit tests to install a custom java.util.logging loghandler works on java 1.5
but not java 1.6.

> > This is probably just a unit test problem, ie I'm 90% confident that although the
tests fail on 1.6 the functionality is working. Nevertheless it would be nice to get this
fixed.