commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: Apache Commons Board Report, September 2007
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:55:34 GMT

On 19.09.2007, at 20:56, Henri Yandell wrote:

> It would still be code that's not covered by a CLA, so different from
> most of the code at the ASF.

True. /me wonders why we didn't realize that problem during the
discussion :)

> I'm not sure how frowned on that would be - probably quite a bit. If
> we were copying the code in as a separate module to compress, then
> that might be happier.

For now I think this was just a discussion. We would need to see if
the amount of code would be really worth the trouble.

> I suggest we talk with legal-discuss to find
> out how we should deal with it if we do decide to go ahead with the
> idea.

...but checking with legal discuss would be definitely worthwhile.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message