commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Email 1.1
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:32:14 GMT
The artifacts all look good to me, so I would be +1.

However this breaking change concerns me. Our versioning guidelines so
far have been that a binary incompatible release must have a new major
version number. In this concrete case, as I understand it, impact seems
to be pretty low. Nevertheless, wouldn't it be possible to deprecate the
old list field and add the map field with a new name, thus staying
binary compatible?

Oliver