commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] accessing emvironment variable (not java system)
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:25:20 GMT
nicolas de loof wrote:
> My idea was simply to copy/paste code from the ant Property class.
> AFAIK this one has been largely tested and works on many (if not all
> ?) platforms.
>
> Nico.

This sounds reasonable. We should only ensure that nothing of this code
for accessing environment variables leaks into the public API, so that
we can later replace it by something else (e.g. when we switch to JDK
1.5 or if [lang] decides to provide this feature, too).

I am glad to review and apply patches :-)

Oliver