commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons Net 1.4.x Service Release?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:26:53 GMT
Rory Winston skrev  den 17-09-2007 23:13:
> Hi Martin (and anyone else who may have commented on this topic)
>
> I have been working on and off (not so much recently due to lack of
> time) on a release for commons-net. I was planning to make
> a 2.0 release and not specifically release from the 1.4 branch,
> however, it looks like this may now be necessary. I dont have a lot of
> time
> at the moment (in fact I had planned an initial 2.0 release for a few
> months ago initially).
>
> It may be possible to do a 1.4.x release before 2.0 - this is probably
> what you will want, as 2.0 will work on a 1.5+ JVM only. Before we
> look at
> this however, are you sure that these bug fixes you list below fix the
> errors you are seeing? Have you verified with a suitable source build
> or nightly?

I for one would appreciate having a bug fix release, if version 2.0 goes
to 1.5+.  If help is needed to do so, I'd be happy to help.  If other
jakarta projects are in a similar situation, please chime in here.

We deploy code on IBM System i aka iSeries aka AS/400 and the version
common to our customers is version 1.4, so we basically stay there for
the foreseeable future.

Best regards,
--
  Thorbjørn