commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ramiro Pereira de Magalhaes <rpm_mail...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject (EMAIL) Donation/Proposal for Commons-Email 2.0
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:00:55 GMT
People,

I was once writing some code in order to study the Javamail API while
trying to  address some issues I thought the commons-email API had. For
instance, I think it's very hard to maintain the EMail class  due to
many concerns being addressed in it. Also it seemed to me that it would
be very hard to add to the library the possibility of sending the
distinct parts of a multipart message in a specific order. At last, I
tried to create components that could be used with annotations (though I
think I've not been very successful in this task).

I did not complete the library because I ran out of time. So, I'd like
to donate my work to you, hoping it work at least as some kind of
inspiration to anyone interested in constructing the commons-email 2.0.

I attached to this message the files I have. If this is not the correct
place to post them, please tell me where I should put them. I built the
project with:

- Javamail 1.4
- activation 1.1
- retroweaver-2.0