commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-id (in module commons-sandbox) failed
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:29:33 GMT
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Jörg Schaible
<> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote on Monday, August 27, 2007 9:13 AM:

>> We know that we need to run Maven in online mode at least once
>> after a fresh install so it can download its internal dependenices.
>> Given that any other Maven1 project seems to work (well at least
>> they break in different ways), it probably is one of those plugins
>> - and nobody else seems to be using it as well.
>> I'll manually run Maven in online mode once, this should silence
>> the nag mails.
> Definitely, but wasn't there an attempt to wipe the local repo
> everytime?

We'll probably do for the Maven2 builds once we've got a system in
place that makes Maven2 builds work as Gump wants them to.  We might
even be able to use the same system for Maven1 builds as well, at a
later point.

Right now, blowing away the local repo simply doesn't work with the
approach we've taken for Maven1 (offline mode + jar overrides) as
we've just seen with this very thread.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message