commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons as a sponsor for Sanselan?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:45:09 GMT
On 8/17/07, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:

> It seems that general thinking is to start sanselan as a sub project of
> commons. So, my question is now, if commons is interested to become
> the sponsor of the sanselan project?

Carsten,

as far as I know, the Incubator does neither depend on a sponsoring
project (in fact, from experience I'd recommend that you avoid a
sponsoring project, because it means that you've got to deal with only
one PMC while being in the incubator :-) nor is the incubated projects
target assumed to be final.

I'd personally also believe that the relation with projects outside
Commons would be much closer (for example, xmlgraphics, or the content
generation frameworks), but I wouldn't mind if it lives here.

Jochen

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf