commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject RfC: commons-fileupload 2, based on mime4j
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:38:19 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to ask for feedback on a proposed version of
commons-fileupload. It isn't yet finished, but most of the test cases
are already working.

Changes:

- Based on a slightly patched version of Mime4J. Should be possible to get the
  required changes into upstream. The most important part was the rewrite of
  Mime4J as a pull parser, which is already in.
  Mime4J supports transfer encodings (FILEUPLOAD-131)
- I/O exceptions are no longer trapped, but passed through to the caller.
  (FILEUPLOAD-71)
- Package name changed to org.apache.commons.fileupload2
- Streaming API is now clearly isolated. Traditional style API is still present,
  but clearly distinguished. The Streaming API is implemented by the
  FileUpload class, the traditional API is available through the FileItemStore
- Progress listener enhancements (FILEUPLOAD-142)

A migration guide from 1.x can be found at

    http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-fileupload/site/migration.html

The complete site, including the updated docs, can be found at

    http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-fileupload

For the distribution, see

  http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-fileupload/dist/

I haven't checked the stuff in, as I am waiting for feedback first.

Jochen

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf