commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Chr. Grobmeier" <grobme...@possessed.de>
Subject Re: [VFS] Writing to Jar, Zip, Tar..
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:55:53 GMT
> That's not true :)

hehe ok sorry then :-)

>...but it would be still a bit of work. When I was
> trying to add a new archiver implementation I was frustrated with
> some of the details of the current API

I remember. Can you be more concrete? Maybe i can add some improvements here.

In fact, i compared the TrueZip implementation to Compress yesterday.
We have quite less features and on some points in the code we depend
on java.util.zip packages.
Additionally i really don't like the coding style in f.e. the
zip-implementation. I would like to simplify that and make it more
readable.

Assuming we can realize your comments to the API, improving codestyle
and documentation, would this be enough to release this component?

Chris