commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shukla, Sandeep" <Sandeep.Shu...@ocwen.com>
Subject unsubscribe
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 06:11:44 GMT
unsubscribe

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Shukla.
REALResolution Development.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Steitz [mailto:phil.steitz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:40 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [DBCP] Connection gets blocked on 9th connection.

On 8/8/07, Dave, Tushar <tushar.dave@employease.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Phil.
>
> I am using the DriverManagerConnectionFactory instead of
> DataSourceConnectionFactory and it works fine.
>
> BasicDataSource does not have an option to specify the
> When Exhausted Action. If I use BasicDataSource then how can I specify
> this parameter.

You can't set this pool parameter using BasicDataSource directly.  If
you really need to change the default (WHEN_EXHAUSTED_BLOCK), then you
either have to follow the pattern in the
ManualPoolingDataSourceExample, creating the pool yourself and setting
its properties before using it to create a PoolingDataSource, or
subclass BasicDataSource and add a setter that sets this property on
the (protected) connectionPool member.

Phil