commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [continuum] BUILD FAILURE: Commons Configuration
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:00:58 GMT
Just an update: the tests should now run on a JDK 1.6. I was able to get 
rid of these dependencies on static fields. I also applied most of the 
improvements to the pom.xml Michiel suggested (thanks again).

However I doubt that CI will be impressed by these changes...

Oliver

Oliver Heger wrote:
> Ben Speakmon wrote:
>> If you find that the JVM required for the test is important, you can specify
>> which one to use in the surefire plugin configuration. Never tried it
>> myself, though.
> 
> This would be an option. But I think in this case the tests are really a
> bit bogus if they rely on certain values in static fields. I hope to
> make them some more robust.
> 
> Oliver
> 
>> On 8/27/07, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michiel,
>>>
>>> thanks for this information. Obviously the tests depend on the JDK
>>> version they are run. For me, using a JDK 1.5.0_09, the tests run fine.
>>> CI also seems to use a JDK 1.5, but here 55 tests are failing, which
>>> seems to be caused by classes from the java.awt package that cannot be
>>> resolved (if I interpret the surefire reports correctly).
>>>
>>> I just checked with a JDK 1.6 and can reproduce your results. I will
>>> have a look how these problems can be avoided (they seem to be indeed
>>> related to static fields).
>>>
>>> The other improvements for the pom you suggest make certainly sense.
>>>
>>> Oliver
>>>
>>> Michiel Kalkman wrote:
>>>
>>>> To me, it seems we should at least be able to run the tests first,
>>>> outside of any continuous build systems.
>>>>
>>>> Here's what I had to do to get them running with Maven2 under
>>>> jdk1.6.0_02. Maybe this helps ?
>>>>
>>>> 1) Get the Commons Parent project using subversion from
>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk.
>>>>
>>>> 2) From the project root, run "mvn install".
>>>>
>>>> 3) Then get the Commons Config project from
>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk
>>>>
>>>> Now running "mvn test" results in:
>>>>
>>>> Tests run: 1198, Failures: 1, Errors: 19, Skipped: 0
>>>>
>>>> 4) In pom.xml replace:
>>>>            <forkMode>never</forkMode>
>>>> By:
>>>>            <forkMode>pertest</forkMode>
>>>>
>>>> AFAIK, this is the same as forking mode in Ant, which in the build.xmlof
>>>> Commons Config is set to true. I guess because some tests influence one
>>> another
>>>
>>>> (static variables or something like that).
>>>>
>>>> Then after running "mvn test" this results in:
>>>>
>>>> Tests run: 1198, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>>>>
>>>> This failure occurs in
>>> org.apache.commons.configuration.TestConfigurationFactory
>>>
>>>> (line 199) because it expects a SAXParseException where it gets only a
>>>> SAXException.
>>>>
>>>> 5) To resolve this, replace:
>>>>    <dependency>
>>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
>>>>      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
>>>>      <version>2.2.1</version>
>>>> By:
>>>>    <dependency>
>>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
>>>>      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
>>>>      <version>2.3.0</version>
>>>>
>>>> I have no idea why this works.
>>>>
>>>> 6) Then there are two warnings:
>>>> [WARNING] While downloading xerces:xerces:2.3.0
>>>>  This artifact has been relocated to xerces:xercesImpl:2.3.0.
>>>>
>>>> [WARNING] While downloading servletapi:servletapi:2.4
>>>>  This artifact has been relocated to javax.servlet:servlet-api:2.4.
>>>>
>>>> Replace:
>>>>    <dependency>
>>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
>>>>      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
>>>>      <version>2.3.0</version>
>>>> By:
>>>>    <dependency>
>>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
>>>>      <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
>>>>      <version>2.3.0</version>
>>>>
>>>> And replace:
>>>>    <dependency>
>>>>      <groupId>servletapi</groupId>
>>>>      <artifactId>servletapi</artifactId>
>>>>      <version>2.4</version>
>>>> By:
>>>>    <dependency>
>>>>      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
>>>>      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
>>>>      <version>2.4</version>
>>>>
>>>> Or did I overlook something more simple ?
>>>>
>>>> (BTW: I did not see any problems with colors)
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message