commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-id (in module commons-sandbox) failed
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:21:24 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Gump needs to run maven in online mode, so it can download the
>> necessary dependencies, see below...
>
> No, if it did, it wouldn't be serving the purpose it is used for.  If
> Gump runs Maven in online mode it cannot control the artifacts Maven
> builds against.

OK, I'm not up to speed on the purpose of Gump.

> The Gump project descriptor of commons-id must list all dependencies,
> so Gump can produce the proper jar overrides.

The Gump project descriptor, is that file that resides on the Gump server?

> But are these
>
>>> dom4j-1.4.jar
>>> commons-jelly-1.0-RC1.jar
>>> commons-jelly-tags-jsl-1.0.jar
>>> commons-jelly-tags-log-1.0.jar
>>> commons-jelly-tags-velocity-1.0.jar
>>> commons-jelly-tags-xml-1.1.jar (try downloading from http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/xml/)
>>> maven-1.0.2.jar
>>> maven-model-3.0.0.jar
>>> velocity-1.4.jar
>>> commons-jelly-tags-fmt-1.0.jar
>
> really dependencies of commons-id?  Or are they needed by some Maven
> plugin that is used by the commons.id build but not by any (most?)
> other Maven builds under Gump?

None of these are listed as dependencies in either the M1 project.xml or
the M2 pom.xml. To me they look like Maven 1 internal or plugins
dependencies.

That being said, Commons Id doesn't use any "weird" plugins:

      <report>maven-changes-plugin</report>
      <report>maven-checkstyle-plugin</report>
      <report>maven-cobertura-plugin</report>
      <report>maven-javadoc-plugin</report>
      <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
      <report>maven-jxr-plugin</report>
      <report>maven-license-plugin</report>

--
Dennis Lundberg