commons-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Defoort <filip...@cirquedigital.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Writing to Jar, Zip, Tar..
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:26:31 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It is an interesting topic (to underline this: I am sitting here on vacation for a hadful
of days using my mobile to write this mail ;-) ), though, due to some other OS projects I
am really getting out of time.
> Anyway, the j.i.file way of truezip is the case why I didnt support this idea actively
- i dont like this api.

Agree, that's why I didn't pursue the idea as well. The way things are
done via truezip (constantly rolling over the contents of the zip file)
makes it dead slow for large files. The zip file really should be
'mounted' on a scratch disk (or at least the portion that is being used)
and 'unmounted' upon closing the FS.

- Filip