commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Writing to Jar, Zip, Tar..
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:37:12 GMT
Hi Chris

I would be interested to see write support for files such as Jar, Tar
and Zip etc in VFS. If you already have some code that works, thats great
> Since i am not a comitter i found it very difficult to contribute and my
> interest dissappeard too.

I am a Jakarta HttpCore committer as well, and also the lead developer
of Apache Synapse. So maybe I could try to be of help to get your code
into the SVN with the help of a VFS committer?
> Well, if there is any interest again in doing this i could finish
> that. But in fact there have been also discussion to put compress from
> sandbox to dormant; one of the commons comitter complained that the
> compress lib is very difficult to understand.

Cant you rely on java.util.zip and java.util.jar packages instead of
compress?

thanks
asankha