commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject [VFS] Writing to Jar, Zip, Tar..
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 04:06:04 GMT
I am a committer of the Apache Synapse project and we are using VFS to
build a file transport through Apache Axis2. However, it seems like we
cannot 'write' to or create new Jar, Zip files through VFS.. is this a
current limitation?

If so, is anyone currently working on this to provide write support as
well? In the ZipFileSystem class, some lines are commented and I was
wondering if someone already has done some work on this - but haven't
yet exposed this over the public API?

public ZipFileSystem(final FileName rootName,
                         final FileObject parentLayer,
                         final FileSystemOptions fileSystemOptions)
        throws FileSystemException
    {
        super(rootName, parentLayer, fileSystemOptions);
*        //zipFile = createZipFile(this.file);*
    }

I am not familiar with the VFS code, but if its not a too difficult task
I would like to see if I can be of any help here if no one is working on
this support right now

thanks
asankha