commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <>
Subject Re: [el] Anyone interested in working on a release?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:39:52 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
>> Well, wait, there are probably a lot of tests, but
>> aren't they contained in some super secret TCK?
> Hmm, what _is_ up with this?  AFAICT the ASF doesn't
> have a great track record of getting access to TCKs,
> no?

Not true. The ASF has a great record of geting access to TCKs until Sun
went and blew everything out of the water by voilating their prior legal
agreements re the Java SE 5 TCK.

>> Last time I looked at EL was three years ago, I was
>> scared away by the
>> idea that Commons EL is an implementation of a JSR
>> and that there was
>> some sort of NDA involved.
> Judging from JSP spec 2.0, and keeping in mind that
> IANAL, it didn't look too worrisome to me, actually...

I suggest speaking to the Tomcat people as the resident experts in this
area. To be honest, they should really accept [el] back in Tomcat, as it
is innapropriate to be in commons.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message