commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent 4
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:12:25 GMT
That's a good question. It is some Maven magic...

The scm element of the pom is rewritten automatically by the
maven-release-plugin. When I do 'mvn release:prepare' on the parent pom,
in a couple of days, the release plugin will create a tag in subversion
and it will change the scm element in the pom accordingly. After that it
will change it back to trunk again, on trunk :-)

The whole process is outlined here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/examples/prepare-release.html

luc.maisonobe@free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just one question: the <scm></scm> part changed the directory part from
> commons-parent/tags/commons-parent-3 to commons-parent/trunk. Does this mean
> things may change as trunk is modified or should this target directory be
> somewhere in tags ?
>
> Luc
>
> Selon Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Following the TLP process I think that we are now ready to release
>> version 4 of the commons-parent project. Apart from the TLP changes, we
>> have also had some more plugin versions specified. A full diff of the
>> pom.xml can be found at this address:
>>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=562989&r2=543800&diff_format=h
>> The site.xml has also had a TLP makeover. Diff is here:
>>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/src/site/site.xml?r1=560660&r2=504710&diff_format=h
>> Yes, the version number in the pom will be updated automatically during
>> the release process.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] =0
>> [ ] -1