commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <>
Subject Re: [all] Wiki enabling fields in JIRA?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:34:03 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 8/4/07, Jeff Turner <> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 02:03:54AM -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>> When it came up before, I thought there was a problem with enabling it
>>> on an existing project? How do all the old issues look? Did they get
>>> wiki'd?

Unless the old issues have some really unusual text in them, they will
look the same as before or better. I have seen a few rare cases over in
maven land, where the Maven 1 starting lines looked rather unpleasant
after enabling wiki fields there.

>> Old issues get wikified too.
>> Suggestion from the peanut gallery: make the change and see if anyone
>> complains. IMO the benefits are worth it. Besides {code}, it's handy to
>> be able to link to [urls|] and [attached files|^foo.txt]
>> inline.
> What happens to on its own? Currently that gets turned
> into a link, will all the links we have get unlinked?

No they won't. None of the current features, like creating links just by
typing the address, will be removed.

> If these are the primary gains, it seems to me that wikified issues
> are worse than normal ones. Links are harder to do, making code easier
> to do is actually a bad idea as we'd much rather see patches than code
> dumps, and being able to link to an attached file is a nice to have -
> rarely needed.

Links can work the same if you want them to.

I don't see people using {code} to enter patches, but to separate
configuration examples, xml file snippets and code examples. I think it
makes the issues easier to read.

> Hen

Dennis Lundberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail: