commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jxpath/all] Maven site help
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:20:26 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> Thanks for your response, Dennis:
>
> --- Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The site for jxpath builds fine for me using Maven
>> 1.0.2. It looks as
>> good as any of the other components sites that are
>> build with M1.
>>
>> Which reports that are generated is configured in
>> the <reports> section
>> of the file project.xml. Most of the plugins in
>> Maven 1 can be tweaked
>> by adding or changing properties in the file
>> project.properties.
>>
>> If you need more info about a certain plugin, check
>> the site for that
>> plugin. Start at
>>

> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/bundledHistory.html
>> and choose the plugin you're interested in. Each
>> plugin has an item
>> "Plugin properties" in the menu that gives more
>> information.
>>
>> If you want to, we could convert the site to use
>> Maven 2 instead.
>
> <cringe> is there any reason I'd want to do that?  :o
>
> Seriously, 'cause I don't know...

The reason would be that commons is moving in that direction. It might
be a waste of time for you to learn Maven 1 now, and then have to learn
Maven 2 in a short while. You could just as well jump right on to Maven
2. But that's your call :-)

Anyway, I'm here if you need help with either version.

<snip/>

--
Dennis Lundberg