commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jxpath/all] Maven site help
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:45:14 GMT
The site for jxpath builds fine for me using Maven 1.0.2. It looks as
good as any of the other components sites that are build with M1.

Which reports that are generated is configured in the <reports> section
of the file project.xml. Most of the plugins in Maven 1 can be tweaked
by adding or changing properties in the file project.properties.

If you need more info about a certain plugin, check the site for that
plugin. Start at
   http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/bundledHistory.html
and choose the plugin you're interested in. Each plugin has an item
"Plugin properties" in the menu that gives more information.

If you want to, we could convert the site to use Maven 2 instead.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll try to help.

Matt Benson wrote:
>   Though I am an avid reader of fantasy fiction, I
> don't think magic has much place in the realm of
> software development.  For this reason I despair--and
> I say this in awareness that I may offend some
> folks--whenever I am forced to work with Maven.  I can
> never figure out what's going on, and any
> documentation I find doesn't tell me what I need to
> know, at least (to be fair) not in such a way that I
> recognize the datum that will help me when I see it.
>
>   From this perspective, will someone please recommend
> a resource that will tell me in no uncertain terms WTF
> is going on with a Maven site and/or particularly your
> "average" Apache Commons site?  I want to bring the
> JXPath site more in line with e.g. IO/Lang for the 1.3
> release but am at a loss to determine how to invoke
> some of the black magic necessary to accomplish this.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Dennis Lundberg