commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <>
Subject [all] Wiki enabling fields in JIRA?
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:15:32 GMT

I have switched to "Wiki Enabled Field Config Scheme" for the Commons
Logging project in JIRA. This allows users to use a simple wiki style
syntax to format the descriptions and comments. It does show the wiki
syntax in the emails that are sent out as well, but the syntax is pretty

You can view an example in this issue

You can see that
- bulleted
- lists
and *bold* are handled nicely.

But the nicest feature is the ability to use macros like {code} to
surround your code snippets, like I did in this comment:

I would like to switch this on for all Commons projects in JIRA, but I
wanted to hear your opinion on this first.

Dennis Lundberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message