commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject [lang] Extension to ClassUtils
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:40:49 GMT
Hi,

for some tasks related to reflection and method invocation I need the
counter part of the ClassUtils.primitiveToWrapper() method:

/**
  * Returns the corresponding primitive type if cls is a wrapper
  * class and null otherwise.
  */
Class wrapperToPrimitive(Class cls)

If this is considered a useful extension to ClassUtils, I can provide a
patch and unit tests.

My use case is that I need to invoke a method, and I only have the name
and an array of parameter values (not the exact parameter types). So I
have to check based on the types of the current parameters if a method
signature is compatible. If the signature contains primitive types, the
current parameter values will be wrapper types; these have to be unboxed.

Does this make sense?

Oliver