commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [continuum] BUILD FAILURE: Commons Configuration
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:23:18 GMT
We can change CI to use a JDK 1.6 if that's what Configuration's target is.

On 8/28/07, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> Just an update: the tests should now run on a JDK 1.6. I was able to get
> rid of these dependencies on static fields. I also applied most of the
> improvements to the pom.xml Michiel suggested (thanks again).
>
> However I doubt that CI will be impressed by these changes...
>
> Oliver
>
> Oliver Heger wrote:
> > Ben Speakmon wrote:
> >> If you find that the JVM required for the test is important, you can specify
> >> which one to use in the surefire plugin configuration. Never tried it
> >> myself, though.
> >
> > This would be an option. But I think in this case the tests are really a
> > bit bogus if they rely on certain values in static fields. I hope to
> > make them some more robust.
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> >> On 8/27/07, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi Michiel,
> >>>
> >>> thanks for this information. Obviously the tests depend on the JDK
> >>> version they are run. For me, using a JDK 1.5.0_09, the tests run fine.
> >>> CI also seems to use a JDK 1.5, but here 55 tests are failing, which
> >>> seems to be caused by classes from the java.awt package that cannot be
> >>> resolved (if I interpret the surefire reports correctly).
> >>>
> >>> I just checked with a JDK 1.6 and can reproduce your results. I will
> >>> have a look how these problems can be avoided (they seem to be indeed
> >>> related to static fields).
> >>>
> >>> The other improvements for the pom you suggest make certainly sense.
> >>>
> >>> Oliver
> >>>
> >>> Michiel Kalkman wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> To me, it seems we should at least be able to run the tests first,
> >>>> outside of any continuous build systems.
> >>>>
> >>>> Here's what I had to do to get them running with Maven2 under
> >>>> jdk1.6.0_02. Maybe this helps ?
> >>>>
> >>>> 1) Get the Commons Parent project using subversion from
> >>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk.
> >>>>
> >>>> 2) From the project root, run "mvn install".
> >>>>
> >>>> 3) Then get the Commons Config project from
> >>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk
> >>>>
> >>>> Now running "mvn test" results in:
> >>>>
> >>>> Tests run: 1198, Failures: 1, Errors: 19, Skipped: 0
> >>>>
> >>>> 4) In pom.xml replace:
> >>>>            <forkMode>never</forkMode>
> >>>> By:
> >>>>            <forkMode>pertest</forkMode>
> >>>>
> >>>> AFAIK, this is the same as forking mode in Ant, which in the build.xmlof
> >>>> Commons Config is set to true. I guess because some tests influence
one
> >>> another
> >>>
> >>>> (static variables or something like that).
> >>>>
> >>>> Then after running "mvn test" this results in:
> >>>>
> >>>> Tests run: 1198, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
> >>>>
> >>>> This failure occurs in
> >>> org.apache.commons.configuration.TestConfigurationFactory
> >>>
> >>>> (line 199) because it expects a SAXParseException where it gets only
a
> >>>> SAXException.
> >>>>
> >>>> 5) To resolve this, replace:
> >>>>    <dependency>
> >>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
> >>>>      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
> >>>>      <version>2.2.1</version>
> >>>> By:
> >>>>    <dependency>
> >>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
> >>>>      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
> >>>>      <version>2.3.0</version>
> >>>>
> >>>> I have no idea why this works.
> >>>>
> >>>> 6) Then there are two warnings:
> >>>> [WARNING] While downloading xerces:xerces:2.3.0
> >>>>  This artifact has been relocated to xerces:xercesImpl:2.3.0.
> >>>>
> >>>> [WARNING] While downloading servletapi:servletapi:2.4
> >>>>  This artifact has been relocated to javax.servlet:servlet-api:2.4.
> >>>>
> >>>> Replace:
> >>>>    <dependency>
> >>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
> >>>>      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
> >>>>      <version>2.3.0</version>
> >>>> By:
> >>>>    <dependency>
> >>>>      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
> >>>>      <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
> >>>>      <version>2.3.0</version>
> >>>>
> >>>> And replace:
> >>>>    <dependency>
> >>>>      <groupId>servletapi</groupId>
> >>>>      <artifactId>servletapi</artifactId>
> >>>>      <version>2.4</version>
> >>>> By:
> >>>>    <dependency>
> >>>>      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
> >>>>      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
> >>>>      <version>2.4</version>
> >>>>
> >>>> Or did I overlook something more simple ?
> >>>>
> >>>> (BTW: I did not see any problems with colors)
> >>>>
> >>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> >>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> >>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message