commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EL] Stylistic changes (was: svn commit: r565581)
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:36:34 GMT
On 8/17/07, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Two thoughts on this.

1) The EL style is irritating. Dropped braces, 80 width files, empty *
lines at the beginning of javadoc, capitalized method names in the
parser. I dislike editing it.

2) Non-surgical changes to EL are going to be HUGELY annoying. We're
going to want to compare back to the Jakarta Standard Taglib, so we
want to be as surgical as possible and not make unnecessary changes.
Bugs in one will be in the other, so we're maintaining a dual codebase
here.

This latter one is crucial I think, so in this case I'm -1 to any
refactorings unless they're applied to both sides. Better to just not
bother.

Hen