commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all][poll] How should nigthlies / CI work?
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:57:14 GMT

> > Why not use the Gump output for the nightlies?
>
> Because GUMP builds are deemed non-trusted, since GUMP downloads from
> non-ASF sites and includes them in builds without any vetting of the third
> party dependencies.

True, but it's not clear that everything in the public Maven repo should be
considered as "vetted" either.

What did occur to me - _after_ I sent my previous message, of course - is
that Gump builds against the latest of everything, and not a specified set
of versions (unless we're circumventing that deliberately). That's a pretty
good reason not to use it for nightlies.

--
Martin Cooper

        --- Noel