commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RfC: commons-fileupload 2, based on mime4j
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:51:35 GMT
On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 21:25 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Hmm, if we are doing this (mime4j in httpclient), please let us know
> so that we will look more seriously at getting rid of mailapi jar in
> axis2 and depend on mime4j as well. since we dependent heavily on
> httpclient.
>
> thanks,
> dims

Hi Davanum,

We are most likely to spin off the support for multipart coded POSTs
into a separate module (artifact) as of release 4.0, so dependency on
Mime4J will remain optional. I do not think Axis2 presently makes any
use of multipart coded POSTs anyways, so Axis2 will not be affected at
all.

Cheers

Oleg