commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [transaction 2.0] stripping to its very core
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:15:11 GMT
Oliver Zeigermann <oliver <at> zeigermann.de> writes:

> I am proposing to strip Commons Transaction to its very core.

> Deleted:
> - no more XA classes: We really can not an implement an XA resource
> with the existing implementation

Hi Oliver,

reducing ctx to a core is a good idea. I only would not like to see the XA stuff
been dropped completely. I think it's quite important for getting ctx "sold". I
have a second project in maven 2 sense in mind as commons jci does:
http://marc.info/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=117571327222719&w=4. So we would have
commons-transaction.jar and a commons-transaction-xa.jar.

WDYT?

Joerg