commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Back pointers
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:30:42 GMT
Sounds good to me.

I attached my fix to DBCP-11. This patch assures that all all
returned Statements, PreparedStatements, CallableStatements and
ResultSets are wrapped with a delegating object, which already
properly handle the back pointers for Connection and Statement.  This
patch includes an extensive test to assure that the *same* object
used to create the statement or result set is returned from either
the getConnection() or getStatementMethod().

Note we must make sure to update this test for each release of the
JDBC spec we support as new ways of obtaining these objects tend to
be added over time.

As per your suggestion below, this patch does not fix back pointers
in connections obtained from a InstanceKeyDataSource using the
cpdsadapter.  The cpdsadapter does not use the delegating wrapper
internally, and will need a different solution.

DBCP-217 should also be closed.

-dain