commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp][pool] Performance / load tests
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:29:38 GMT
> On 7/15/07, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have cleaned up some of my performance / load test code for [dbcp]
> > and [pool] and would like to commit it somewhere so others can use and
> > improve it.  There is some common load generation code that should be
> > factored out and I don't want to clutter the component codebases, so I
> > am hesitant to commit to either pool or dbcp trunk.
> >
> > Any objections to my starting a [performance] sandbox component and
> > seeding it with [dbcp] and [pool] performance tests?  Any better ideas
> > on where to put this code?
>
> +1 on putting it in as a component in sandbox.

Committed the dbcp stuff.  Pool to follow.  Code is rough, but works.
Ant from top level kicks off a run based on config in config.xml.  If
the database config  in config.xml and jdbc driver location in
build.properties are correct, the first run will create and populate a
table called "test_table" in the database.  I have tested the core
code with mysql, postgres, oracle, hsqldb and sybase; but the
currently packaged version only with mysql and postgres.  The Digester
config and overall property management is ugly and should be cleaned
up.  The "run" parameters are a little cryptic - see nextDelay javadoc
in ClientThread for how this works.

Phil