commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons Math, Commons Nightlies, vmbuild
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 01:48:56 GMT
On 7/12/07, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/07/07, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Where are we now in terms of capabilities for Continuum builds?  In
> > particular, is it possible to a) deploy the tarballs to
> > people.apache.org and b) deploy the snapshot jars produced by the
> > nightlies to the apache snapshot repo?  Does this work for both m1 and
> > m2?
>
> b) is "yes", a) should be"yes, if your m1/m2/ant script can do it for you"

I say go for it then.

> Let's test it once it's up, then decide whether to use that, or move
> the script over. What would be the best set of projects to pilot with
> (the ones that cover all cases)?

Lets start with [math] and [dbcp], which now have working m2 builds
and then, say, [pool] which has not yet moved to m2.  I can help with
this.  Let me know when the Continuum is set up on the new image.

I think Ant may be using something like our nightly script on vmbuild.
 Might be good to give them heads up on moving vmbuild.

Phil