commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Back pointers
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:39:35 GMT
BTW the reason we are getting ConnectionImpls instead of raw
connections from the PooledDataSource is because
PooledConnectionImpl.getConnection():159 wraps the raw connection
with a ConnectionImpl.  The line of code is commented with "the spec
requires that this return a new Connection instance".  If we didn't
wrap, the back pointers would work, but we'd be violating the JDBC
spec.  Once we wrap, we need to wrap all the statements and result
sets so the back pointers are valid.

Another bug, is we're not tracking statements and result sets, so
when the logical connection is closed the statements and result sets
are not closed as required buy the spec.

-dain