commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Release plan for a beta
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:45:44 GMT
> So, with a mind to getting a beta out pretty soon, here's what it
> looks like to me:
>
> 1] Close BEANUTILS-91
> 2] Fold the separate optional source back into the main codeline.
> 3] Check binary compatibility, close BEANUTILS-280
> 4] Tag as 1.8.0-beta1
> 5] Create a distribution from the tag using Maven2.
> 6] Update the site to mention the 1.8.0-beta-1; and if 2] happens, to
> update the relevant text.

All sounds good to me.

> One question is just what we distribute. It needs to at least be
> source, which means a tar.gz. We need a jar for ease of use (ie: maven
> repo); so I suspect we'll just end up doing a normal distribution.

Not that I've done a m2 release, but normal distro should be no extra effort.

> Outstanding questions:
>
> 1) Fold optional source back in?

Yes

> 2) Get rid of JUnit cruft that nothing is using?

Up to You - if you or anyone else can be bothered.

> 3) Remove Maven1 build?

I'm against this - it works and is doing no harm. I'd rather we kept
it at the moment.

> Thoughts?

Sounds good - need a release manager - any volunteers?

Niall