commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [site] commons.apache.org now live
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:57:24 GMT
As developers we naturally look to make this kind of abstraction -
putting all the commons-like projects together. But that isn't what the
ASF is supposed to be about, which is communities.

My question is what community does [lang] or [betwixt] share with APR or
the C++ template library. I'd suggest pretty much none.

More than this is the question of oversight. Personally, I would not
feel comfortable sitting on a PMC with APR or C++ libraries being
released. I would have no measure by which to judge their release
worthiness, or to handle issues from them.

Stephen