commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] Migrating the Commons site
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:45:23 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
>> Anyone mind if I go ahead and look into migrating the site over to
>> commons.apache.org tonight? With a redirect from
>> jakarta.apache.org/commons?
>>
>> We'll have to create a News page at some point, but I don't think
>> that'll stop migrating.
>>
>> Presuming no one replies, I'll go ahead and work on it tonight.
>
> I've copied the Jakarta Commons site over to commons.apache.org.
>
> I've made some changes to the site in svn, and deployed them. Repl's are:
>
> s:jakarta.apache.org/commons:commons.apache.org/g
> s/Jakarta Commons/Apache Commons/g
> s/commons-dev\@jakarta.apache.org/dev\@commons.apache.org/
>
> Plus some Jakarta->Apache changes, and I've added Mail and Bugs pages.
>
> Issues:
>
> 1) We need a logo.
>
> 2) It's going to take a while to update all the component sites. Some
> judicious search and replace is tempting.
>
> I've run the three above.
>
> 3) Obviously maven2 site is a temptation at some point; let's get the
> move done first.
>
> 4) What shall we do about the Charter page?
>
> What else before we switch from Jakarta to Commons?

A couple of things I found that are still left to do:

1. Mailing list archives.

The pages
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-user/
and
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/
have the wrong mail-addresses on them. I don't know how to change that.

2. pmc mailing list

There is a reference to pmc@jakarta that should be changed to
pmc@commons whenever that list is available.

3. Wiki

There are links to the wiki in several places in commons-build, and I
imagine in each component as well. To fix when we move the wiki.

4. SVN references

Loads of links to svn. They need to be updated once the svn move is done.

5 distributionDirectory in Maven 1 *project.xml

I don't think that these are actually used, judging by the looks of them.

<snip/>

--
Dennis Lundberg