commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] Migrating the Commons site
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:38:42 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
>> Anyone mind if I go ahead and look into migrating the site over to
>> commons.apache.org tonight? With a redirect from
>> jakarta.apache.org/commons?
>>
>> We'll have to create a News page at some point, but I don't think
>> that'll stop migrating.
>>
>> Presuming no one replies, I'll go ahead and work on it tonight.

Thanks for doing this!

> I've copied the Jakarta Commons site over to commons.apache.org.
>
> I've made some changes to the site in svn, and deployed them. Repl's are:
>
> s:jakarta.apache.org/commons:commons.apache.org/g
> s/Jakarta Commons/Apache Commons/g
> s/commons-dev\@jakarta.apache.org/dev\@commons.apache.org/
>
> Plus some Jakarta->Apache changes, and I've added Mail and Bugs pages.
>
> Issues:
>
> 1) We need a logo.

+1

> 2) It's going to take a while to update all the component sites. Some
> judicious search and replace is tempting.
>
> I've run the three above.

I had a quick browse and found some more, see commits.

> 3) Obviously maven2 site is a temptation at some point; let's get the
> move done first.

Yes! I was going to propose this myself. I can definitely help with this.

> 4) What shall we do about the Charter page?
>
> What else before we switch from Jakarta to Commons?
>

> Longer term
> -----------------
>
> The Bugs page and the Contributing Patches page have high overlap and
> we should merge them. The Contributing Patches page is far too big and
> needs some editing.

+1 to merge them.

I've just written one such page over in Maven land. If you want to, I
could have a go at it. That page is user focused and is title "Getting
help", but includes mailing list etiquette,  when, how, and where to
submit issue reports etc. Currently available in svn only:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/users/getting-help.apt

--
Dennis Lundberg