commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New M2 snapshots use org.apache.commons?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:47:51 GMT
Because it has already been discussed, I might as well throw in my two
cents.

Whatever direction commons decides to take, it's worth acknowledging
that more than a few popular Apache projects moved to
org.apache.whatever.* without relocating their previous releases. They
broke with the Maven 1 conventions and released new versions under the
naming conventions for Maven 2. Because developers must modify their POM
to update the version number anyway, editing the groupId is a trivial
additive.

Paul