commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [beanutils] Release plan for a beta
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:38:32 GMT
So, with a mind to getting a beta out pretty soon, here's what it
looks like to me:

1] Close BEANUTILS-91
2] Fold the separate optional source back into the main codeline.
3] Check binary compatibility, close BEANUTILS-280
4] Tag as 1.8.0-beta1
5] Create a distribution from the tag using Maven2.
6] Update the site to mention the 1.8.0-beta-1; and if 2] happens, to
update the relevant text.

One question is just what we distribute. It needs to at least be
source, which means a tar.gz. We need a jar for ease of use (ie: maven
repo); so I suspect we'll just end up doing a normal distribution.

Outstanding questions:

1) Fold optional source back in?
2) Get rid of JUnit cruft that nothing is using?
3) Remove Maven1 build?

Thoughts?

Hen