commons-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [configuration][all] Support for OS environment variables
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:53:51 GMT
Personally, I think this type thing comes in very
handy in different situations. It would even be handy
in daemon and launcher. Look how many times scripts
have to be written for every OS to get different
things like JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME or similar into an
application. It has been deprecated for a long time,
but I doubt it will ever be removed. It seems to be
quite needed in situations.

Wade

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-284

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/33239/focus=33325