commons-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [logging] 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT deployed to the snapshot repository
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:17:56 GMT
On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 02:47 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is now a 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT of commons-logging in the Apache snapshot
> repository:
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1-SNAPSHOT/
>
> Please have a look at it.
>
> We still need to figure out how to get the api and adapter jars to be
> deployed as well.

I haven't yet had a look at the jarfile, but have a few minor comments
on other stuff:

== maven1.x

Is there any point in keeping the maven1 build files (project.xml,
maven.xml)? The only things these files ever built was the website and
that is now better built with maven2. The old build approach was to
build the jar with ant, then the site with maven1, then run "ant dist"
to create .tgz etc with both jar and site contents.

>>From a quick test, it appears that currently:
(1) "maven site" fails anyway
(2) with "mvn clean; mvn site; ant dist" the site is correctly built but
ant does not pick up the site files for the dist correctly. However
that's probably a simple directory path change.

== other

file commons-logging-README.txt can go I think. It was a special "flag"
whose presence was checked for by the pom.xml file. However that bit of
stuff from pom.xml is now gone so the file has no purpose. I've written
a replacement README.txt that quickly documents the logging build
process that could be added instead.

Sorry I don't have time to be more thorough; off on a trip tomorrow
morning for 2 days. And unfortunately I'm waiting for an svn password
reset so cannot commit just at the moment.

Cheers,

Simon