commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-email (in module jakarta-commons) failed
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:50:24 GMT

"Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote in message
news:y1uvedp7u00.fsf@v30161.1blu.de...
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On 6/14/07, Ben Speakmon <bspeakmon@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Well, it works fine when I blow away my local m1 repository, so I'm
>>> not sure what the problem is.
>
> The problem is that nobody has updated the Gump descriptor with the
> new dependencies.
>
>>> How do I tell Gump to build it with maven 2 now?
>>
>> I don't believe Gump supports m2 yet :(
>
> It sort of does, but since it is not a real Gump build (it allows
> Maven2 to pull the dependencies from the repository instead of
> providing them itself) so we don't really like to use it.
>
> Technically you simply replace <maven> with <mvn> in the Gump
> descriptor.
>
> BTW, I'd rather say m2 doesn't support the Gump usecase 8-)

Yes :).  But if you go the <mvn /> route, then you loose any value that Gump
can provide, since you won't get early warning if, say, wiser, makes an
incompatible change.  Just say no to Maven :).

Wiser's ant build system shouldn't be too hard setup in Gump.  I don't think
much of it, but I'd like to avoid a sh*t thowing contest, so no comment ;).
However, I won't have free cycles until the w/e to do it, so let the
doachracy work :).