commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3rd attempt: Release commons-io 1.3.2
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:54:25 GMT

> * tar.gz files match zips for structure.

What does that mean?

> In Opera I got broken images on this page.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-io/site/changes-report.html

You are right, this is

    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-190

I suggest that I fix this manually in the deployed site.

> Same on this useless looking report (in that it will always be out of date):
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-io/site/jira-report.html

Again, I have no problem to remove it from the deployed site.

> Personally I feel that when voting on a new rc dist, the previous +1s
> still count (by lazyness) and its really about converting the -1s over
> to +1s.

That's interesting. If others feel the same, then I'd like to see this
fixed somewhere. I'll bring up a different thread on that.

> I'm -1 with respect to the md5s. Presuming you did them by hand, it's
> something you can easily fix without rerolling anything. Even if not,
> I'd just fix them by hand anyway.

Ok, as you are the second one asking for it, I've changed it. Same for
the .sha1 files.

> I'm -0 on the validator bit meaning a reroll. I dislike how Maven1
> puts the site in the binary and am looking forward to doing a Maven2
> build and finding a way to only put the real docs in the binary
> (javadoc, release notes and user guide).

That's a matter of opinion. I for my part do like if the site is included.

Jochen

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf