commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 1
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:59:07 GMT
> Hi,
>
> It is time to release version 1 of the commons-sandbox-parent. The
> latest changes includes updating the parent to commons-parent-3 and
> locking down the versions for plugins. Note that I have changed the
> artifactId to commons-sandbox-parent, to have a consistent naming scheme
> (compare it to commons-parent).
>
> This will be the first release and is important because it enables
> reproducible builds and site generation for the sandbox components.

<snip/>

I haven't yet understood why we need to release anything from the
sandbox at all. Sure, reproducibility is a good thing, but I doubt the
builds are radically irreproducible without this release; and more
importantly, I believe if people are interested in the sandbox
components and their reproducibility, they should help get a release
out instead.

-Rahul