commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Relation between data model names and event names ?
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:44:56 GMT
On 6/23/07, Ingmar Kliche <ingmar.kliche@googlemail.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> > I understand there are some subtleties here, and the above definitely
> > needs to be better documented. If you want to help, feel free to add
> > some of your recent experiences and some of the pitfalls to the
> > Commons SCXML wiki [1] by creating a new page (you'll need to create
> > an account to log in, if you don't already have one).
> >

> > -Rahul
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML
>

> I'll try to write some comments within the near future.
>
> BTW: Are there any other pitfalls or "features" in commons-scxml which
> extending the (current) standard?

<snap/>

:-)

I'd say understanding the consequence of event names and the internal
events generated tops the list (both of which we discussed in this
thread). Other than that, there are expression language related good
housekeeping bits that you will never find mentioned in the spec (such
as variable names shouldn't contain dots -- which is more a
side-effect of using JEXL or EL rather than anything else).

The wiki page doesn't have to be comprehensive, just a starting point.

-Rahul